There is a page here on the blog for the races I have planned, so I am not going to make this a race list. Rather what I plan to achieve by participating in those events:
- First and Foremost... I am going to make a triathlete out of me!!
- The focus on fuel and training as opposed to weight and grueling gym hours - I want to continue this. It has been an amazing mental change and I look forward to riding this wave through 2015... and beyond
- I will swim a mile
- I will learn how to change my bike tire and a few other bike maintenance things. I won't be 'that girl' who needs help!
- 5k goal of 35 minutes.
- One new thing a month... physical - be it a new class, a new experience - something I have never done before... once a month
- I will log several 100 mile weekends on the bike
- Training hard is the goal, for sure... but most importantly I want to learn to listen to my body to avoid injury... while not using minor tweaks as an excuse
- Learn to clip in on the bike!!
- Become an active member of a local Tri Club. I love the on line support, but I need some real bodies to interact, laugh, drink... oh, and train with. My dear girlfriends are about worn out with my 'Crazy Talk'.
What about you? I would love to see the goals of others!!