Monday, November 3, 2014

Why Am I Doing This?

I am reading a lot on goal setting and what it takes to do something bigger than you think you can.  One of the recurring tips is to write down WHY... And revisit on occasion.  So here is my top 5 reasons I intend to make a Triathlete Out Of Me:

1) I want to be proud of a physical accomplishment.  I am proud of my career, some of the art I have created, my wonderful children... I want to be proud of something I pushed my body to do.

2)  Becase I can - This is a very tangible way for me to show how grateful I am for healthy body.

3)  I want to stop being envious of runners... and just become one

4)  I miss being an athlete, feeling like an athlete.  I want my physical activity to count towards a goal.  Not calories to use on food.  But each workout is building a part of the athlete that can become a triathlete

5)  I needed something obsess about.

There they are - not fancy or earth shattering... but mine.  Closer to the first Tri, which is so far away!!!, I plan to revist.



No comments:

Post a Comment